Defibrillators around the village
Rustington is lucky to have Public Access Defibrillators around the village, which anyone can use in an emergency. This list shows you where you can find them -
- Churchill Parade Car Park W/C Block
- Village Memorial Hall (The Woodlands Centre)
- Beach Shelter (end of Sea Road and facing the sea)
- ‘Summer House’ building in the grounds of Princess Marina House, Broadmark Lane
- Southern end of Sea Avenue (affixed to a resident’s garden wall - facing the sea)
- Owen Electrical Limited, Woodlands Avenue
- Rustington Scout Hall, Church Road
- Rustington Sports and Social Club, Jubilee Avenue (Woodlands Recreation Ground)
A defibrillator is a device that gives a high energy electric shock to the heart through the chest wall to someone who is in cardiac arrest.
This high energy shock is called defibrillation, and it's an essential life saving step in the chain of survival.
If you come across someone who has had a cardiac arrest, it’s vital to call 999 and start CPR. Then you should find out if there is a defibrillator nearby. You shouldn’t be afraid of using a defibrillator if someone has had a cardiac arrest.